Personas describe user groups like a profile.
Personas are a possibility to model and document the collected knowledge about the users of the application and to communicate it to the project members. A persona represents a user group and is presented in the form of a profile. However, it is not a real existing person, but the representative for a user group with its goals and motivations, its abilities and limitations. Personas are not completely fictional, but are based on the data collected during analysis and could, therefore, exist in reality. In order to describe a credible "person", only a few additional details may be invented (e.g. name and appearance).
A comprehensible illustration of the user perspective that creates a basis for deriving usage requirements.
As a first step, the user groups must be identified (this should already have been done in the analysis phase). Users of a user group must have as similar characteristics as possible. Then one or more persona per user group will be created, using typical characteristics of the user group. Furthermore, personal data (age, name, photo) and relevant information for the system to be developed should be included (e.g. motivation, goals, pain points).
# Tools and templates
- Creation with paper/pencil or with a computer possible.
- Life-size displays of the persona can serve as a daily reminder of the user's perspective.
Personas serve the entire team during the entire project to clarify the user perspective. Personas are easy to understand, tangible and easily remembered.
Inaccurate or inappropriate information can lead to wrong decisions.
- Beck, A., (2004) Personas in der Softwareentwicklung (German) (opens new window) In: Hassenzahl, M. & Peissner, M. (Hrsg.), Tagungsband UP04. Stuttgart: Fraunhofer Verlag. (S. 104-107)
- Cooper, A., Reimann, R., Cronin, D., Noessel, C. (2014) About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design (opens new window) 4. Aufl. Chichester, England: John Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Pruitt, J., Grudin, J. (2003) Personas: practice and theory (opens new window) In: Proceeding DUX '03 Proceedings of the 2003 conference on Designing for user experiences, S. 1-15
- Persona - Methodenkarte des Mittelstand 4.0-Kompetenzzentrum Usability (German) (opens new window)
- Personas - SimplyUsable Methoden-Baukasten (German) (opens new window)